Website Beautiful Recruitment
Base Salary Circa: £20,000 – £30,000 DOE + Free Parking + Flexi-Time + Enhanced Pension Scheme (8.25% total contribution) + 30 Days Holiday including Bank Holidays + Additional 5 Days with Years of Service + Social Working Environment
The Requirements of the Development Chemist:
· 1+ year’s experience as a Junior Chemist, Development Chemist, Formulation Chemist, Personal Care Chemist formulating products such as Skincare, Hair care, Bath, Body, Self-Tan, Hair Oils or other personal care/cosmetic products
· Educated to degree level or equivalent in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Cosmetic Science, Biochemistry or Formulation Chemistry
· You may have completed a 6 month sandwich placement during your Cosmetic Science degree as an intern in a Formulation department of a company which will also be considered as relevant experience
· Excellent organisation and communication skills
· Ability to be self-motivated and work as part of a team
· Natural creativity and flare for product development and innovation
· Interest in natural and organics products
The Role of the Development Chemist:
· Working with the Commercial Team on NPD briefs taking from concept through to launch
· Working with customers on briefs, technologies, textures and innovations
· Development of products through the laboratory in all areas of personal care including skincare, haircare, bath and body & baby
· Responsible for formulas through stability, micro and compatibility testing
· Present new ideas and blue-sky formulations to new and existing customers
· Keeping up to date on trends and attending cosmetic seminars and events
· Acting as duty chemist across the factory during manufacturing process being a trouble shooter and solutions focused
· My client is an innovative UK based cosmetics manufacturer, specialising in bespoke product development and formulation
· Manufacturing cosmetics and personal care products spanning skin care, bath, body, and aromatherapy products, as well as more niche markets such as mother & baby, Sun Protection factors and organics
· They are known for creating some of the most well-known cosmetic products in the UK, and year on year, their formulations are winning prestigious awards in top cosmetics ceremonies
· Career progression and personal development is at the heart of my clients success and opportunities to progress into a
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Oliver Gill today on 0203 911 1000.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
Beautiful Recruitment also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.