Caroline Hirons (CH) Limited and Skin Rocks Limited, founded by Caroline Hirons is a skincare company underpinned by education, authenticity, and authority. Team CH is a powerhouse small business with an ever-growing portfolio of projects and campaigns that celebrates and showcases every facet of skincare.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Social Media Manager will be responsible for developing our social media strategy across all Skin Rocks channels, ensuring we execute best-in-class channel plans that focus on community growth and engagement. The successful candidate will help influence broader content and paid media strategies that contribute towards the overall marketing objectives.
The successful candidate will lead the execution of their social calendars, creating content as well as feeling comfortable working alongside in-house Design and Education teams to create on-brand assets. They will be passionate about skincare and an enthusiastic and proactive self-starter. They will have the ability to work under pressure and, are flexible and comfortable with productive change. They must be able to work within a team and show an interest in nurturing a team reporting into them.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategic planning and implementation of social media content calendars that align with business goals, tone of voice and brand identity.
- Take a leading role in the day-to-day management of our social media channels with the support of the Social Media Assistant.
- Monitor and report performance (follower growth, engagement, conversion, and other agreed metrics) on a continuous basis to constantly improve plans as well as reporting these metrics regularly to the Head of Communications and wider business.
- Complete regular social listening, competitor auditing and keep up to date with the latest trends to report back to the business and implement into the brand’s social strategies.
- Support the Community Assistants in engaging daily with the social community across posts, direct messages and in other social conversations. Upskill them in the brand tone of voice and implement cohesive ways of working with them.
- Ensure high-quality content is being posted and have a critical eye for grammar, aesthetics, and tone of voice to ensure it’s in line with brand expectations.
- Build an excellent knowledge of the retail and e-commerce social space to create brand traction.
- Suggest and implement tools, ways of working, processes and ideas that will benefit the team, business, and day-to-day working.
- Ensure excellent communication with immediate team members and wider business to
- Effectively manage personal workload and that of the immediate team, supporting the Head of Communications in representing the division from a social-first perspective.
- Have a keen commercial eye and a ‘consumer-first’ attitude.
- Have a thorough understanding of the influencer community and feed ideas for content, UGC and paid ads into the wider Communications team.
- Represent the brand from a social perspective at PR events, using it as an opportunity to create original and behind-the-scenes content.
- Be an effective line manager by allocating work, monitoring the quality of work, measuring operational performance, and developing people whilst feeding in updates effectively to the Head of Communications.
Skillset, Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Currently operating as a Social Media Manager for a well known brand.
- Proficiency on all major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, WhatsApp, TikTok, LinkedIn.).
- Experience in creating and executing a social media strategy, tailored to each of the core channels.
- Experience in quality content creation including video and still assets.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Ability to work alongside a team and show an interest in nurturing a social media team.
- Ability to gather and analyse data to identify trends and improvement opportunities.
- Experience in working with internal and external stakeholders to meet shared objectives.
- Team management and mentoring experience are preferred but not essential.
- Excellent planning, organisation, and prioritisation skills.
- Have a problem-solving mentality.
- Ability to make decisions and use initiative.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of Outlook essential.
- Knowledge of Slack and Monday preferred.
- Sense of humour essential.
Skin Rocks operates on a fully inclusive hiring policy, without exceptions. Our one prerequisite is that you are the best at what you do.
Salary: Dependant on experience.
- Employee Benefits:
- 25 days annual leave, plus an extra day off on your birthday.
- Annual Discretionary Bonus.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Private medical membership.
- Life insurance.
- Staff discounts.
- Product allocation / gifting.
- Enhanced parental leave policies.
- Wellbeing support.
- Optional remote Fridays.
- Training and development support.
Full benefit details and eligibility criteria, available upon joining.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to: [email protected]