Website Veblen International
Do you have a successful track record in creating a profitable merchandise mix using forecasting, inventory management and assortment planning? Our client is a clean and ethical health and beauty brand, and they are on the look out for an experienced Senior Buyer to join their team in Greater London. You will be responsible for driving brand sales and profits whilst building exceptional working relationships with vendors.
· Manage and develop Buying Assistants ensuring they are fully supported and KPI’s are consistently met
· Oversee the buying team, ensuring product information is thoroughly checked, team goals are met, and systems are updated accordingly.
· Keep in mind product trends, competitor analysis and market trends while developing seasonal ideas and strategies
· Develop an enviable merchandise/brand assortment plan and adjusts sales plan accordingly. Highlight potential improvement
· Manage product launch timeline, ensuring it is delivered within set deadlines
· Collect and analyse financial performance and metrics and outline strategic recommendations I order to achieve maximum profits
· Create and maintain exceptional relationships with vendors and internal teams
· Arrange meetings with top brands
· Confidently negotiate best terms and margins, keeping in mind company budgets
· Create promotional offers and exclusives for sales growth
· Work alongside the press and marketing team to ensure all coverage is positive and appropriate
· Attend tradeshows and exhibitions
· Prepare OTB based on brand performance, market trends and company aims
· Review stock weekly for departments and take management of the order process
· Responsible for the control of inventory levels
· Providing brands with long term stock forecasts
· Review brand performance to inform and implement quarterly planning change and analyse weekly reports to catch potential risks and highlight opportunities
· Present KPI reports to senior management.
· A successful track record in creating a profitable merchandise mix using forecasting, inventory management and assortment planning
· Previous experience in a multi brand retailer
· Knowledge of consumer trends and the ability to spot emerging trends and brands
· Experience in forecasting and budgeting
· Strong understanding of the planning cycle
As part of the application process, we will store your details on our database. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. Successful applicants will be contacted by the relevant consultant. If you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks, then unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful at this time, but please do continue to check our website for other suitable opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.