Advanced Nutrition Programme™ Launches New Pioneering Supplement to shield your skin from the effects of blue light from its biggest enemy: the sun
Did you know that damaging UV light comprises only 5% of sunlight, whilst harmful blue light makes up to 25-30% of light from the sun? Or that most of the blue light that we are exposed to comes from the sun and NOT from electronic devices or LED light bulbs?
Skin researchers at Advanced Nutrition Programme™ embarked on a journey to develop a new supplement to shield skin from the forces of blue light. Skin Blue Filter has been proven to both protect and repair the skin, reducing damage to the skin barrier by 60%.
What is blue light?
Blue light is part of the visible light spectrum and has the shortest wavelengths of visible light but the highest energy. Whilst some types of blue light can be beneficial for our health and skin, it can also be harmful, depending on the intensity, duration, and timing of exposure. Independent studies have shown that excess blue light exposure can:
• Trigger the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) causing oxidative damage to the lipid layer of the skin
• Damage cellular DNA and increase inflammation
• Damage fibroblasts and keratinocytes
• Increase pigmentation
• Increase matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) which degrade collagen and elastin. This accelerates skin ageing and leads to lines, wrinkles, and skin laxity
About Skin Blue Filter
Consistent with our foundation in pioneering science, our skin researchers focused on the impact of natural, environmental blue light exposure on skin when developing Skin Blue Filter, rather than on devices. We created a specialist supplement, for all skin types, to protect our skin and overall health from within. Skin Blue Filter shields skin from within with a synergy of cellprotecting nutrients, including a team of targeted antioxidants to provide elevated protection and anti-inflammation benefits.
• Vitamin E: antioxidant protection for our cells (including DNA, protein, and lipids)
• Olive fruit extract: an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and a protector of the skin. It helps reduce the appearance of skin discoloration, uneven skin pigmentation and redness caused by excessive sun exposure. Our olive fruit extract has 99% bioavailability reaching blood plasma in 15-20 minutes, doing its job before being eliminated 6-8 hours later. It is created exclusively by our manufacture by upcycling waste material (biomass) from olive oil production, using up to 900 tonnes
of waste per year.
• Lutein + Zeaxanthin: phytonutrients produced by plants from marigold flowers. They are naturally found in the skin and eyes with supplementation shown to improve skin tone, increase skin luminosity, and increase elasticity.
• Biotin Vitamin B7: contributes to the maintenance of normal skin. This hybrid of ingredients is encased in brilliant blue capsules, the colour of which is derived from spirulina extract.
Advanced Nutrition ProgrammeTM’s Research and Results:
Our skin researchers partnered with a specialised laboratory in Germany who have developed their own unique method to measure damage to the skin by Blue Light exposure (using the Lipbarvis® method). Results showed that one pot of Skin Blue Filter not only repaired damage to skin from blue light but also protected skin from future blue exposure by 60%*.
What results did we achieve at the skin health research centre?
During a pilot study of 56 days with a total of 16 people (13 women and 3 men), the following results were achieved:
hydration improved by 17%, 16% improvement in wrinkles and redness decreased by 19%.
Using Advanced Nutrition Programme Skin Blue Filter
Our skin researchers recommend taking one capsule per day with a main meal. Skin Blue Filter works with all supplements so can be added as a booster to any supplement regime.
Who is it for?
All skin types and ages, particularly anyone looking for age prevention, challenged with light sensitivity, inflammatory skin conditions, high-environmental exposure and during spring/ summer. These supplements are vegan friendly, free from gluten, dairy, yeast, salt, and soya.
RRP: £48.00 / €58.00 60-day supply
Available from 1st March 2023 via advancednutritionprogramme.com as well as via a network of skincare professionals nationwide and authorised e-commerce partners.