During the pandemic, consumer hair colour trends have evolved significantly. With lockdowns and social distancing measures in place, consumers stayed at home and embraced low-maintenance hair routines. As the world moves past the pandemic, new hair colour trends are beginning to emerge across the globe.
Perfect Corp.’s newest Global Beauty Trend Report explores virtual hair colour try-on data from the award-winning YouCam suite of apps to spotlight the biggest hair colour trends and consumer behaviours from around the world.
Here Comes The Big Data:
- Perfect Corp.’s Global Beauty Trend Report reveals the top hair color trends from around the world, including the increased popularity of vivid hair colors as well as a shift toward low-maintenance, natural shades such as gray and brunette tones.
- The report also explores the rise of AI and AR-powered virtual try-on tools as consumers seek out hair cool inspiration online, as well as the growing emphasis on sustainability in the hair colour industry.”
The report highlights top consumer behaviours and hair colour trends including:
• A surge in the popularity of natural hair colours, as rich brunette tones experience a significant increase in virtual try-ons globally.
• An increase in silver hair colour try-ons as consumers continue to embrace low-maintenance routines and celebrate their grey roots in trendy new ways.
• The continued popularity of vivid tones, as consumers seek to experiment and play with hair colour in fun ways.
• A spike in virtual try-ons during the spring and fall months, as consumers seek out hair colour inspiration ahead of the winter and summer seasons.
• A new focus on hair health, as consumers embrace natural hair colour shades and caring routines that will preserve the hair’s condition and minimize damage.
• The need for AR-powered virtual hair colour try-on tools, as consumers adopt digital-first mindsets and seek out virtual try-on tools as a way to feel confident about their next hair transformation.
• The growing role AR technology is playing in driving sustainability in the hair colour industry, as brands ditch hair bundle colour swatches in favour of digital alternatives.
“We are delighted to be sharing our latest Global Beauty Trend Report, and to offer valuable insight into the ways that consumer hair trends have evolved over the course of the pandemic,” said Perfect Corp. CEO and Founder Alice Chang, “The big data provided by Perfect Corp.’s YouCam apps community can empower hair colour and hair care brands to better understand their customers, and fine-tune their omnichannel strategies for success.”