In this webinar, the team of experts from Hearst will explore how beauty makes consumers feel and the implications for brands in a world dominated by negative headlines. The findings are led with a positive lens in terms of how beauty is progressing,
This newly commissioned research combines exclusive search and social analytics from digital specialist iCrossing, with a survey that understands consumers’ attitudes and values towards beauty. Hearst conducted this with both a nationally represented sample of 1000 people and more than 2,000 members of Hearst’s audience panel.
As things start to normalise, Hearst will examine how consumer behaviour is evolving in response to the following consumer trends:
- Positive and life-affirming beauty in a complex world
- The shift in consumer interest toward sustainability
- How diversity and inclusivity shape the beauty conversation
- The new omnichannel landscape and attitudes towards a new digital future
- The role of science-backed beauty
- The way that Covid 19 has increased demand for beauty and wellness
But what does beauty really look like in 2022? Meet the experts, Hearst editors, for their trend predictions live on this webinar and an opportunity to ask any questions.
Don’t miss the roundtable with Hearst’s expert beauty editors—George Driver (ELLE), Eve Cameron (Good Housekeeping), Bridget March (Harper’s Bazaar) and Victoria Jowett (Cosmopolitan) —as they explore how they shape and inspire the beauty conversation!