We are delighted to share Sheridan&Co’s ‘The New Role of Retail’ Report.
“Back in May, The Economist wrote ‘ Farewell BC. Welcome AD’. Although the play on words for the Anno Domini reference here means ‘before coronavirus’ and ‘after domestication’, its pertinence is apt as we have arrived at a profound turning point in mankind’s history. 2020 will be a defining marker in the 21st century. It has witnessed many paradigm-shifting and world-changing developments across all market sectors. Life will never be the same again. One synonym for this change has included our ‘new normal’ and no industry has been left untouched. This includes retail design and customer experience.
The exceptional circumstances and the transformation we have experienced throughout 2020 have made it impossible to ignore how the retail industry will evolve and change to suit the new ways society is living, working, socialising and consuming. At Sheridan&Co, we believe that ‘’we have arrived at a tipping point of a period of transformation, shedding the skins of our pre-crisis lives to create a new way for society and the economy to exist”. This will fundamentally change how we design customer experience in store’s.
As retail specialists, we have been studying changes in the market, consumer behaviour and consumption patterns. We have conducted research as well as taken insights from conversations with clients and connections within our network to understand how retail design can navigate challenges caused by COVID19 and how to pivot in order to thrive in our new world.
Our learnings and insights have been interesting, thought-provoking and invited us to be even more curious and deep dive further into our research with new questions as to how retail will evolve and adapt to our new world. But most importantly, how brands can navigate and prepare this future too and what it will mean for the future of customer experience. To summarise our findings, we have created a report: The New Role of Retail.”
The report will uncover Sheridan&Co’s insights including:
- Analysed success stories and failures
- Why the power of physical spaces will continue to shape retail’s legacy
- How to make the most of a store experience
- The new relationship between digital and retail design
- How the future of work will impact retail design
- Lessons from luxury retail and how this can shape consumer experience in store
- The importance of empathy and investing in customer experience.
- The heightened importance of locality and the relationship towards community
- Why you should prioritise your long term strategy over your short term survival
- How to head towards life in 2025
You can download the full report here.
For more information on Sheridan&Co please visit their website here.