This week clean beauty and sustainability pioneer REN Clean Skincare announced that they are introducing pioneering new eco-smart sampling with a world-first luxury beauty sample tube made with 100% recycled aluminium and a break-off re-closable nozzle.
“Globally, in the beauty and personal care industries, 122 billion sample sachets1 are produced annually which are potentially incinerated or reach landfill every year. Since stopping production of sachets samples in 2018, REN Clean Skincare has already saved four and a half million sachet samples during its transition to different solutions.
REN is now introducing the first NEW smart re-closable recycled aluminium sample tube made in partnership with Tubex, a global leader in producing aluminium tubes. This new tube design for sampling is made using recycled aluminium, that helps better protect the integrity of the product and the planet. Aluminium is widely recyclable and also has a high recycling rate, while traditional samples using mixed materials are difficult to recycle.
The REN smart re-closable system features an aluminium break off nozzle, further reducing the use of plastic, while making the tubes easier to recycle.”
New Aluminium sample tubes – the facts:
• Break-off nozzle and tube made using aluminium, making it easier to recycle while reducing plastic waste
• Features smart re-closable break-off nozzle which avoids the use of tamper seals or mini plastic cap
• Made using 95% PCR and 5% PIR recycled aluminium which promotes circular aluminium recycling
• Aluminium tube minimises leftover product waste
Aluminium recycling facts to reduce waste & energy:
• Aluminium is widely recycled and its recovery method from waste allows high recycling rates
• The average recycling rate for aluminium packaging is 69% (EU data)
• Aluminium is infinitely recyclable; a huge amount of the aluminium that has ever been produced is still in use (almost 75%)
• Using recycled aluminium saves 95% of energy needed to produce virgin aluminium
• Recycled aluminium has a lower carbon footprint compared to the same tube made of virgin aluminium
“There is no silver bullet with recycling, so we have implemented various solutions to meet our Zero Waste pledge*. REN Clean Skincare is the first beauty brand to have developed, in collaboration with Tubex, a unique re-closable and recyclable sample size tube made using 100% recycled aluminium. While more costly, we are committed to using these new tubes to reduce plastic waste and hope to encourage other beauty brands to rethink their sample packaging with the planet in mind.” Arnaud Meysselle, CEO REN Clean Skincare.
*2021 goal: Packaging designed to be recyclable, containing recycled materials or being reusable
For more information please visit www.renskincare.com